Download e-book for iPad: Fowler's Zoo and Wild Animal Medicine Current Therapy, by R. Eric Miller,Murray E. Fowler
By R. Eric Miller,Murray E. Fowler
With assurance of present matters and rising trends, Fowler's Zoo and Wild Animal drugs, quantity 7 provides a complete, all-new reference for the administration of zoo and natural world illnesses. A present remedy layout emphasizes the most recent advances within the box, together with meals, prognosis, and therapy protocols. state-of-the-art insurance comprises themes akin to the "One medication" proposal, laparoscopic surgical procedure in elephants and rhinoceros, amphibian viral ailments, and complex water caliber evaluate for zoos. Editors R. Eric Miller and Murray E. Fowler advertise a philosophy of animal conservation, bridging the distance among captive and free-ranging wild animal medication with chapters contributed through greater than a hundred foreign experts.
- The present remedy format makes a speciality of rising traits, therapy protocols, and diagnostic updates new to the sphere, offering well timed info at the newest advances in zoo and wild animal medicine.
- Content ranges from drug therapy, nutrients, husbandry, surgical procedure, and imaging to behavioral training.
- Coverage of species levels from giraffes, elephants, lions, and orangutans to sea turtles, hellbenders, bats, kakapos, and more.
- An broad record of contributors contains well-known authors from worldwide, supplying specialist details with chapters targeting the most recent learn and medical administration of captive and free-ranging wild animals.
- A philosophy of animal conservation is helping zoo and flora and fauna veterinarians satisfy not just the technical points of veterinary medication, yet give a contribution to the general organic groups had to rescue many threatened and endangered species from extinction.
- All content material is new, with insurance together with insurance of state of the art matters akin to white-nose ailment in bats, updates on Ebola virus in wild nice apes, and chytrid fungus in amphibians.
- Full-color photographs depict exterior scientific indicators for extra actual medical recognition.
- Discussions of the "One medication" concept contain chapters addressing the interface among natural world, cattle, human, and environment health.
- New sections disguise Edentates, Marsupials, Carnivores, Perrissodactyla, and Camelids.
- Over a hundred new tables supply a brief connection with a variety of topics.
- An emphasis on maintaining threatened and endangered species globally contains 102 professional authors representing 12 diversified international locations.