“Education is a technique of inheritance and innovation. consequently, it is vital for China to analyze and study from academic studies in different countries.” —Zhu Yongxin
One of China’s most famed students, Professor Zhu Yongxin has been on the leading edge of academic test, innovation, and educational fulfillment. during this enlightening choice of essays, he stocks his observations and reflections at the academic advances in nations in the course of the international. Exploring either vintage traditions and glossy reforms, the following and overseas, Yongxin presents a wealthy tapestry of rules and tasks that could support us flow ahead within the new schooling of China. The e-book includes:
* In-depth comparisons of the academic structures in China, Europe, North and South the United States, Africa, India, and different elements of Asia
* Notes from Yongxin’s travels in a foreign country, that includes quite a lot of faculties, universities, and educational suggestion leaders
* The evolution of academic traditions all through history—and the transformation of educational tools around the globe
* an instructional approach for China that mixes the easiest of all attainable worlds
“As an outdated chinese language asserting is going, stones from different hills may well serve to shine the jade of this one.” With those uncomplicated yet profound phrases, Professor Zhu Yongxin invitations us on a whirlwind trip throughout the global of education--a side-by-side, country-by-country comparability of the educating kinds, philosophies, and organizational versions which are remodeling faculties around the globe. Yongxin’s travels and reports offer either a window to those worlds and a reflect to China’s academic improvement. it's crucial interpreting for someone attracted to the way forward for our faculties, our humans, and our nation.
* attractive Sakura: schooling excursions to Japan
* Passionate Samba: influence of schooling in South America
* The Fairy story global: An research into ecu Education
* Worlds: Notes on Kenyan and American Education
* The Chrysanthemum and the Sword: Comparative schooling Studies
* hearing the Meaters: research of concept on Education
Drawing from his event and insights as a pace-setter in schooling scan, Yongxin compares and contrasts a few of the equipment he chanced on in different international locations with the present nation of China’s tuition method. He finds the study effects from his visits to the us and Japan, uncovering attention-grabbing parallels among the East and the West. alongside the way in which, he examines quite a few colleges of ideas from old chinese language thinkers to Marx, Engels, and Lenin, to a few of the best innovators on this planet today.
“As a constructing nation, it truly is major to investigate and research the academic stories of complex countries,” Yongxin writes. “Where there's lifestyles, there's humanity.”
Zhu Yongxin is a member of the nationwide People’s Congress (NPC) status Committee, vice president of the China organization for selling Democracy (CAPD), and vp of chinese language Society of schooling (CSE). He additionally serves as a professor and PhD manager at Soochow University.
A sponsor of the recent schooling test in China, Professor Zhu has gained numerous awards for his influential paintings, together with “60 nice participants in China’s schooling of 60 years” (2009), “30th Anniversary of Reform and establishing Up: individual of the 12 months in China’s schooling quarter” (2008), “Top 10 information Figures in China’s Reform” (2007), and “Top 10 Elites in China’s schooling” (2006).
Professor Zhu has released greater than four hundred articles on schooling either at domestic and in a foreign country, and released over 30 books as well.